Monday, May 19, 2008

Drama Desk Awards II

He won. Of course, you have to dial through virtually all the text of the published stories to get at this fact, but Conleth Hill of the Seafarer won the Drama Desk award for Best Featured Actor in a Play. (I still don't know quite what that means.)

I looked it up this morning and got all excited about it. Don't really know why. After I saw this play for the second time, I called Larry from New York and said, "I've got to see these guys again." Meaning Jim Norton and Conleth Hill, mostly. Larry said, "Sure. Anytime you want to go to New York, we'll go." And I whined that these guys usually only work in England. We'd have to go to England to see them. I was pretty sure Larry said, "Well, then, we'll do that." But when I brought it up again, he balked. "I never said that." I insisted that he did. He said, "We're not going to England to see  a play. That's crazy."

OK, when you put it like that, it does sound a bit crazy.


No comments: